So I tried to get Burt to do a reenactment of this story while I took pictures for my blog but he refused, so you'll have to use your imagination as you read along! About a month ago Burt went bow hunting for bull elk and sadly (hee hee) came home empty handed for the first time in eight years. He was pretty bummed but I reminded him of his great successes last year...11 hunts, including hunts that he guided=3 bull elk, 1 moose, 1 antelope, 2 buck deer and I know I'm forgetting something but he's sleeping so I can't ask. If I'm wrong I'm sure there will be a correction!
Anyway back to my story. So while Burt was on his elk hunt he got all dressed up in descented camo clothing, descented himself, except for the elk urine he sprayed on like cologne, laid down in a trench and covered himself with tree branches. He laid there, watching and waiting for an innocent elk to walk by in search of water. Suddenly, Burt heard the snapping and crackling of sticks and leaves. The branches on the quakies were shaking and he knew that at any moment a huge 6 point elk would walk through the trees. Burt was surprised to see a baby moose come through the trees instead. The moose was wandering around eating grass and weeds when he suddenly got spooked and let out some crazy moose cry for help. Burt's surprise turned to shock and quickly to fear as a huge mama moose came charging through the trees in his direction. Not knowing what was going to happen, Burt quickly sprung to his feet and began yelling and jumping and waving his arms in the air, trying to appear big and scary to mama moose. She was not afraid of Burt! She was MAD and she drug her front foot back and forth in the dirt a few times, put her head down for a second then raised it up, blew moose snot towards Burt and then began to charge him! Burt, who was still yelling and screaming, drew out his 44 and pointed it towards the moose as he ran backwards in the direction of his four wheeler (his beloved bow still laying in the ditch). The moose continued to charge him and make crazy noises while she repeatedly blew moose snot all over him. The moose was about 10 feet from Burt when he jumped on his four wheeler and took off, luckily he didn't have to shoot the moose to protect himself. Burt was still scared and shaking an hour after the incident because he knew that the moose could have got him if she wanted too. He said once he was a safe distance he stopped the four wheeler and realized he was completely covered from head to toe in moose snot, sticky, wet, moose snot! So disgusting! Since we know that Burty's OK, I would give ANYTHING to have that captured on video! It was hilarious watching his reenactment (sadly without my camera), I can't imagine how hard I'd laugh at a video! I just picture him screaming like a girl as he is running backwards pointing a gun at a moose and it sends me into uncontrollable laughter! By the way Burty, I hope this wasn't the moose you were so afraid of!
August 22, 2008
A Hunting He Did Go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
THIS IS BURT, CANESA'A HUSBAND. HER VERSION OF THE STORY....COMPLETELY WRONG!!!! Ask me sometime, I'll give you the real version of the story. ha ha!!!
That story nearly made me wet my pants. That was hilarious!!!
Jason Wootton
Post a Comment