July 5, 2008

Party, My Room, 1:00 AM


A few nights ago, Burt and I stayed up late watching "So You Think You Can Dance". We finally shut the TV off at 12:30 and went to sleep. At 1:00 am I woke up to Kambree yelling, "Mom, Mommy, I need a wo, I need a wo Mom". I stumbled into her room to find her laying sideways in her bed, arms stretched out wide, with both feet propped up on the wall. She turned her head to look at me and again said, "Mommy, I need a wo". I said, "you need a wo"? "Yes"! It's 1 o'clock in the morning what the heck is a wo? I said, "you need a wall"? "NO"! I said, "your feet are on the wall"? "Yes". I said, "OK, your feet are on the wall". "NO, I need a wo"! Well you need a wo but I need a translator cuz I have no idea what the heck you are asking for! My struggle to communicate with her went on for several more minutes before the fog in my head lifted and I realized she was telling me that she needed a roll! Yes, a roll, a little round piece of bread! So I got the girl a roll and figured she was good. Nope! As soon as she finished her roll she said, "Mom, Mommy, I need french toast". I'm sorry, I know it's now 1:30 in the morning but I thought I just heard you ask for french toast! I said, "you want french toast"? She said, "yes, no, no, no, I want yogurt". Whew, I can do yogurt! Now let me point out that this whole conversation has not been a quiet one, because, well, Kambree is not quiet! Apparently she inherited my loud voice, but wait, Burt's voice is loud too...
Here nor there, Kambree woke Brynlee up! So I went to feed the baby and Burt got up to get yogurt. All of a sudden Kambree, who is still laying comfortably in her bed, yells, "Burt, I need a yogurt Burt, I need a yogurt"! Then again, "Burt, Burt I need a yogurt Burt"! Finally Burt walks into her room laughing and says, "here's your yogurt Kam". She then says, "Burt I need a poon". "Got your spoon right here Kam". I bet you thought she was good after that? Nope! You see, Burt was so tired, that he laid down in her bed with her after she finished her yogurt and he fell asleep, but Kambree didn't! Next thing he knows, she's hitting him on the chest and face, yelling, "I poop Daddy, I poop everywhere". He's like, "you pooped, OK". Two seconds later she is hitting him on the cheek again saying, "I poop Daddy, I poop". He asked her, "did you go poop"? She said, "yes Daddy, I poop everywhere". So he got up, picked her up, put her on the changing table, and turned on the light. All of a sudden at 2:20 am, I hear Burt yelling, "help, I need washcloths quick, and lots of them". WHAT! I go in the bedroom and little Kam-Kam is covered in pooh and Burt is gagging! I said, "honey a washcloth isn't going to do anything, she needs a bath and soap, lots of soap"! So at 2:30 am, I gave Kam a bath. I wanted to use bleach and a scrub brush, JUST KIDDING, but pooh is gross! I got her out of the tub and I had Burt brush her teeth...you don't know if she ate it!! I went into her room to get new jammies and a diaper and boy was I in for a surprise. Kambree had finger painted poop all over her wall! Yes, poop on her wall! All of a sudden I was yelling, "Burt, Burt, hurry come here, hurry". Burt comes running in and I turned around to tell him about Kambree's latest art project, and burst out laughing. Apparently the wall wasn't Kambree's only victim. She finger painted poop all over Burt's white t-shirt while he was sleeping. He looked down at himself and said, "I'm sure this will be funnier to me in the morning"! We finally got in bed at 3:30 am, after a long and CRAPPY night! ha ha

5 comments:

Spencer Reeve said...

that's hilarious! You two sure are good sports, I'm not sure I'd be as patient!

Laurel said...

You make it sound so joyful. Poor Burt. Did you want to go and get the camera and take pictures for your blog? Kambree is a party animal!! And next time I need something in the middle of the night I know who to call.

klkw said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Seriously, I love your family more & more everyday. I am always guaranteed to smile. Um...that T-shirt is not the "gift" Burt got for me, right?...

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

What is it about 2 years olds announcing their bowel movements? James went through a phase were he would take off his diapers during his naps. When I would come to get him he would proudly tell me his latest accomplishment. "I poo", "I pee" which he would have done sans diaper all over the crib! Yesterday James had BLOW OUT at the check stand at target. Yuck! I so feel your pain. Jessica

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

Very funny story-I am sorry that you had a CRAPPY night