Last Thursday night, I FINALLY learned how to make bread, HOMEMADE bread, you know, from scratch, with flour!
And now I can make it all by myself. It looks so beautiful and it tastes DELICIOUS!
And it's really fun!
I had a few mishaps in the kitchen. Like when I added 4 cups of water, instead of 2. Definitely explains why my bread dough looked like pancake batter! Burt told me not to put it down the garbage disposal because of the yeast, so I put it in a plastic bag on the edge of the counter and forgot about it. Apparently, bread dough grows and grows and grows. My bread dough grew right out of the bag and left a sticky little mess for me to clean up! 
And when I accidentally baked my cinnamon twists for 25 minutes instead of 15! They looked so good but they were a bit chewy!
I was so proud of myself and went a little crazy! In the last three days, I have made 6 loaves of bread, cinnamon twists, cinnamon rolls,
a cream cheese braid, ham and pineapple pizza,
pepperoni and olive pizza and a pepperoni and mushroom braid! Mmm, yummy!
"High fibe Mommy!"
4 comments:
Can you send me your recipe for the twists? they look so good!
You are so awesome...and it all looks SOO good! Would you mind emailing me the recipes you used?
I've been trying to learn to make stuff from scratch lately...for food storage use. I'm a terrible cook and would love any pointers if you have any! (Kodi got the good cooking gene in our family :))
Thanks Canesa!
keelymeier@yahoo.com
Way to go! I love home made bread. It's sooo comforting. I've done the same thing with over flowing yeast--it's a mess to clean up. Happy baking! :) Jessica
I think it was those early cooking lessons I gave you and Shelly when you were 7... Everything looks way yummy!!!! Aunt Joan
Post a Comment