October 31, 2008

hAPpy HaLLoWEen!

I have looked and looked and looked for Burt and Ernie costumes and this year I finally found them! I think they are so stinking cute, even if most people, including a few adults, didn't know who we were!

Makenzee LOVES dressing up as a witch for Halloween. This is her 5th witch costume in 9 years. The best one ever, was when she was 2 years old. While she was taking her nap, I painted her face green and put a big tarantula sticker on her cheek. When she woke up she was so afraid of herself and wouldn't look in the mirror. All night long, when people would talk to her, she would say, "I no yike (like) myself" and crinkle her eyebrows.

This year I wanted to dress Kambree up as a monster, but when I told Burt my idea, he just looked at me, tilted his head to the side and said, "(sigh) she's a girl!" So, I dressed her up as the next best thing... say hello to Thing 1 and Thing 2!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: