May 26, 2008

So This Is How It Happened...

Brynlee was the innocent and unsuspecting victim laying on our bed laughing and cooing.
Kambree was the perpetrator pretending to be interested in watching the flags out the window.
I was the dumb Mom who left them in the room ALONE together! (I think now would be a good time to defend myself and tell you that they were only left unsupervised for less than 30 seconds, but what's the point). Does that make me an accomplice?
Suddenly, I heard a loud thud and then a shrieking scream from Brynlee. I ran into the bedroom and was shocked to find my sweet little three month old Brynee, laying helplessly on the bedroom floor, with her head resting on the leg of the cradle! Kambree was standing over her saying, "oops, sorry!"

I scooped her up quickly and held her close to me, my hand holding the back of her head. I was to afraid to pull my hand back and look for blood. I just kept saying over and over, "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Well apparently Brynlee thought this was amusing because she stopped crying, looked up at me and smiled so big! It was then, that I realized there was no blood, and my baby was OK, except for the gash on the back of her head!! (Trust me, it looks worse in person).

As for Kambree, she had to sit in time out for one minute for hurting her sister. I was wondering, should I put myself in a time out for 36 minutes for not watching my kids? You know, one minute for every year of age! I wonder, would I cry to come out the way my kids do, or hope that I could stay in longer...


By the way, the time out picture is real. The other pictures are a reenactment. I don't want you all to think I'm crazy and took pictures BEFORE coming to the aid of my baby!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

SO, did you put yourself on time out? Kambree looks so cute. I'm glad Grynee Brynee wasn't hurt. Babies are so tough.

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

Cute reenactment! Poor Mommies-its soo hard to be us & all our mistakes!!