I just signed Kambree up for a Mommy-and-Me, 18 month to 3 years old gymnastics class. I did it with Makenzee at this age and had so much fun. I am not having that same experience with Kambree. Lets just say that Kambree is a free spirit and doesn't like to follow the rules. She's also very independent and can be heard on a regular basis screaming "I do it" and stomping her feet. Throwing herself on the ground usually follows! That being said, yesterday at gymnastics Miss Kristi asked me if Kambree was tired. She had only been awake for 55 minutes after sleeping 13 straight hours, so I knew that wasn't the problem. Within minutes Miss Kristi asked me if Kambree might be hungry. Nope, she had just eaten four pancakes, a few strawberries and some milk. A few minutes later we passed Miss Kristi on the balance beam and she commented on what a tough time Kambree was having. Several minutes passed and Miss Kristi approached me AGAIN and asked if Kambree was behaving this way last week. "Mmm, maybe not this bad," I said! I am not kidding you, probably three minutes went by and here comes Miss Kristi pestering me about my free spirited daughter again! Sure, she's loud and can be heard saying "who's that, what's that" from the parking lot, and yes she's very friendly and loves to hug all the kids, and she even butts in line because following rules isn't in her nature. I don't know, maybe it was the 20 minutes of "I do it, I do it" followed by countless temper tantrums on the floor that sent Miss Kristi over the edge. But I am sad to report that my cute as a bug, free spirited (not bratty) 21 month old daughter was kicked out of her 18 month old gymnastics class after attending only 20 minutes of her third class! Apparently she would do better in an open gym with no teacher and no rules! Poor Kambree!
April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey there, that is so sad :(
Yikes! Sounds like the teacher might have been tired!
Post a Comment