I have high hopes of doing the Century bike race with my friends in Logan this June (even though Melissa, Amberlie & Jen got hit by a truck on their bikes) and running a half marathon with Burt in July. My problem, is that I can't seem to find the time to train. I am sleep deprived, have no energy, and feel extremely guilty for leaving my small children. But it seems that my unbelievable fear of dogs is my biggest road block in this venture. It all started when I was three or four years old and a little puppy chased me down the street. That trauma still lives with me today! Burt, being the great supporter that he is, bought me some Bear Mace and even told me that he would buy me a cattle proder to protect me from the wild and ferocious dogs that run my streets and invade my personal space! I asked him if I would get arrested for using these products on a dog and he said if I was using them to protect myself, then no. When he told me that I couldn't zap a dog with a cattle proder or spray it with bear mace just because it was walking towards me or trying to sniff me, I told him to forget it. So I wonder, will I ever exercise again and accomplish my big, aspiring health goals, or am I forever trapped in my new body that pregnancy has given me?
April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't you worry, as soon as this weather gets into the 60's, we'll be training like crazy, Strawberry Days 5K baby!!
Post a Comment